Friday 5 September 2014

Rose

So, this was meant to uploaded before, but I hadn't realised that it didn't work, the blogger app is stupid. >.>

Anyways.... 

For a long time I had hated flowers, and roses in particular... Bad memories, bad, bad feelings etc. Then, I realised, I shouldn't let events and unfortunate circumstances rob me of enjoying the beauty of the world, in particular, nature... Flowers. Roses were my favourite. 

I always speak of being nice & doing random acts of kindness for people because it's just the right thing to do as a citizen of earth to be kind, you could be making someone's day and happiness & love makes the world go round which is why we should always love and share love, unconditionally.... Even to your enemies. 

There's not such thing as loving only those who love you back... Well there is, but it's a stupid & selfish thing to believe in my opinion. Most don't love because they don't know how and they've never felt it or a plethora of other reasons which mainly boil down to an irrational fear. The ones that don't love you back need love the most. That thought shows a fear of love and opening up and holding back which isn't good for oneself or the world. That thought pattern often leaves people alone because when people fear to love because they only love those that love them, they often assume people don't love them and never say or share their love or feelings with those that they feel for. 

Love can always be sparked in people if you give it a chance to blossom... Friends, families, lovers... It just needs an opportunity to grow and everything else kinda falls into place when we decide to he honest and follow our gut and inner guidance. 

Today I was the recipient of an act of kindness. 
Someone had a rose in their hand and they found me, gave it to me, told me I was beautiful and to have a great night, hugged me and walked away. I'd never met this person before in my life and yet they shared this beautiful rose with me. They has no idea what it meant to me, they were just being kind. And that's the essence of these random acts of kindness you've no idea how symbolic they are or what they could mean, or the ripple effect they could have... They do change people, in small and big ways. 

"You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back." — Barbara de Angelis


I received a rose with a smile on my face, and it signified beauty, and one's kindness, not the negativity I once associated it with. It's still there, but I have a choice, because happiness is a choice and I chose not to let it hurt me anymore. Simple. 

I love you. 

Don't be afraid to tell people you love them. Ever. If you feel it... If you feel anything, say it with love... Good or bad. 

Love, light & bright blessings,

-Dalanda



P.S- I should add, because I've said before I don't like flowers much before everything, I do love to look at flowers, beautiful gardens, nature etc, always have before shit happened, but I've always found that as a gift, they're not that great because they die, they're not eternal or something you can keep for very long. Being sentimental, I like having things to remember you by forever, other than memories. As my friend Ama joked about me, "yeah, if you want to get Dalanda flowers, you can, but only if that flower is Daisy by Marc Jacobs."  Hahaha, she knows me too well.





No comments:

Post a Comment