Monday 29 February 2016

Mario


TP OK Jazz with Franco Luambo Makiadi

Seeing as it's a leap day, I thought I'd introduce you to something new... Some 80's African jazz which I learnt of from my father. My father has definitely gave me an appreciation for good sound (quality and music-wise) from a very young age, for which I'm incredibly grateful. 

I can't give you the full translation, but to brief you: the chorus 'Mario Nalembi...' Means Mario, I'm tired (as in tired of your shit). The original is 15 minutes because as you can see from this recording, they stop after every verse/ chorus to talk about how hopeless Mario is. Shoutout to them for naming, and shaming xD no fucks given, and I quite like it. I hope you do too, and if not you can at least appreciate the song. The lyrics aren't always necessarily a major part, and I find the language of insult to be fairly universal.

I wonder if Mario ever sorted his shit out... But anyways, I guess that's not so relevant anymore.  

Have a good week!

-Dalanda 
:-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment