Tuesday 9 February 2016

PSA



Your eyebrows do not need an introduction like that. Of course you can have your eyebrows however you want, but if you're going for a natural look just remember that eyebrows don't grow in extreme ombré. And the concealer that is five shades lighter than your skin, to highlight said eyebrows that look like they were drawn on with a sharpie isn't very subtle either...

It's kinda distracting when I see bad eyebrows- let me explain because a lot of people laugh at how much bad eyebrows bother me (and how satisfied I get over nice eyebrows). 

I've found people get really uncomfortable when I make direct eye contact with them, and I've no idea why because I don't ask. People usually look away or get shifty and it then makes me uncomfortable so I don't wanna be like- 'hey, look at me!'. I was having a conversation with someone last week, and they looked me in the eye once then looked away past my shoulder for the rest of the conversation xD. I personally think people need to not be such pussy-bitches and look me in the eye but meh. 

To avoid awkwardness, I look people in the eyebrows because to them it looks like I'm looking them in the eye. It stops the connection and makes people feel less uncomfortable...

For some reason children love it when I look them in the eye. It's funny, often older humans think I'm giving them a scary look but it's just because I've looked them in the eye for the first time.

As a plus, I'm quite expressive with my eyes when I don't want to speak, so if I want to say something without talking people always understand my looks. 

Anyways, back to my love of nice eyebrows- I suffered OCD when I was younger, I'm pretty much over it now but I'm still a bit of a perfectionist about some things, and when things are slightly out of place it can really bother me. Eyebrows are one of those things, so if someone with shitty eyebrows is talking to me, I spend the first couple of minutes rearranging their eyebrows in my head. Sad, I know but it's just automatic to me xD it's not even in a judgemental way, I don't think badly of a person with bad eyebrows, I just prefer nice eyebrows but respect whatever they want to do with them even if it's distracting to me. 

Ironically, I'm not that great at shaping my own brows but I can make them look good after getting them done. I find it easier to do eyebrows and make-up on others than on myself because I can visualise better with the face properly in front of me (I have weird vision that can't really be fixed with glasses because it's to do with how my brain processes the images). 

Last summer, I worked as an MUA and stylist for designer brands in department stores for a bit and it included fixing the bad brows, shitty foundation matches, and tailoring different looks for people- it was so satisfying correcting all of the abominations! 

I love make-up and style it's something I'll always appreciate when it's done well. Just like a person that goes to the gym a lot (or me, and many others) can appreciate nice muscles :3 

Anyways, take care and make sure your eyebrows are on fleek because with good eyebrows you can conquer a lot (Or suffer like me, but at least still have good eyebrows)! 

-Dalanda
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment