Tuesday 22 July 2014

...

Transcending space & time
Back to a place, before you were mine
I lay wasting, waiting for your hidden rhyme.

Forever lost, drowned, unkind
Till stars align and it's my dream this time
It sparked a chord and the flame began
Marvellous, exciting.
Threatening
A kaleidoscope of colours, inner dreams.
We stand apart, revelling in its balmy heat.

Yet your half rejects
"Don't you enter this mess"
And so, the flame grows
And I fight it all alone

The embers burning brightly
But the heat resides inside you
Me
Us.

The flames are kicked
It blinds me, makes me sick
The burning on my forehead
The melting of my wings

No eyes, lost within the confines of reality
As you take you fill triumphantly
"Never mind her pain, as long as you aren't left in shame"
Cold summers. Hot Springs. Cold heart.
You, the broken soul.

How could you let this happen?
Like you don't know pain...

But the flames, they keep burning.
And you, you'll keep yearning.
My eyes, they'll keep turning,
And yours do too.
Stuck. Pulled apart. Away from
You.
Me.
Us.

Right back to that sweet, sweet time...
Before you were mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment