Sunday 19 July 2015





“My alone feels so good. I’ll only have you if you’re sweeter than my solitude.”

Warsan Shire




Cuddle, embrace. Extend love & very importantly compassion.


-Jeff Brown

^ He just gets it, and nails it everytime. It's really true though. 

I'm not feeling too good at all right now and so I'm trying to show myself some compassion so I'll hopefully feel a bit better. 

In life it's important to have some self-compassion because from what I've seen of this planet people usually only care about themselves and forget to extend compassion and/or kindness to others. But remember, there is a line between selfishness and looking out for yourself. I feel as though few have that balance, and if you look around you or perhaps in your own life I think you'll agree.

Despite everything, I've managed to fit the equivalent of at least three posts in one, yay! 

I hope you learn something, you think and you make better decisions for yourself so you can be positive to and for others. 

I write sporadically and I don't have a theme it's called 'The Dalanda Archives' because it's like an archive of my mind- what I'm thinking at the moment or my deeper or sometimes lighter thoughts and findings. I don't plan my posts and actually I think for the past year or so all my posts were written on my phone or iPad because they just happen to be close when I think of something (I also only really use my laptop if I want to type an essay for my studies or something- yes even the really long posts are written on my phone usually #Dedication). I just write my thoughts or feelings down and then maybe proof read for typos and that's it because I don't really like to change how I've originally expressed myself when I've been movedto share   something even if it makes no sense. It will maybe make sense to someone and they might need that message... Who knows? The universe works in strange ways, but I digress. 

Thinking about it, I think what I write about most here are my dreams and what's important to me but it's just not always written like that. However, if you have been reading a long time there's themes that crop up very regularly because they're things that plague me everyday. I write how I dream people would act and behave, how I wish I would be treated by people, things I wish I knew earlier etc. This is because I could sit down, rant about how shitty life is, how shitty people are and how awfully shitty I feel but that would achieve absolutely nothing other than to spread a load of negativity on the Internet for people to read and feel bad about. 

 For a very long time I have always thought: well, if I feel like shit I can at least try and make others happy and just because I feel like shit doesn't mean I should bring others down. If it hurts that much, why would you do it to someone else? In fact, it motivated me to try and make people happier so they don't feel like crap. 

I've stayed true to that and I plan to continue till the day I die. 

So if I often rant about similar themes and you've noticed maybe this will give you a of better why. I rant for change, I rant for happiness and I rant for kindness as I think the broken people in this world could heal a lot better if the people in this planet were kind. Well actually, the broken people wouldn't be broken if the world was always kind...

Take care,

-Dalanda 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment