Thursday 25 April 2013

Birthday

Hey sweethearts,

So it's my Birthday today! Well, it's past 12 so neh, more or less my Birthday, if you're in the wrong time zone... Come back in a couple hours! (Kidding)

So, I'm 18 today, GAH, the big one-eight, I'm not sure what to feel about this... I mean usually I don't get too excited about birthdays (Well, I did up until last year) but I got excited again this year, not so much for the birthday itself but for the fact that I'm going to be legally classified as an adult, well in other words, I CAN DO PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING LEGALLY IN THE UK! They're so bloody strict here, and yet when I get to the rest of Europe, they couldn't give two shits- espescially with clubbing/drinking!

I don't even really like alcohol or clubbing, but it's annoying if you 're invited but you can't get into the place, even if you're not planning to drink (much- thank God for 20's!). I'm so tempted to buy a random alcoholic beverage (as it's law to ID anyone that looks under 25 in the UK) So they'll ID me, and I'll be like HERE YOU GO *insert cheesy grin here* ! And they'll be like oh, thanks happy birthday! And I'll be like *le happy derp face* Thaaanks! :D (don't judge me xD).

There's also the shitty things that come with not being a child anymore like responsibilities and losing a lot of benefits you got from being a child, but I think I shall just enjoy the fun side of being young for as long as I can before these responsiblilites come down on me like a ton of bricks! Just because I'm getting older doesn't mean I (personally) have to or need to change as a person... unless I'm like 50 and going around looking like a teenager- in which case, I'd need to reanalyse my life. I think, despite being a little crazy and immature in my choice of humour, I'm generally quite mature as a person and how I think so the legal title of adult might help people take me more seriously as a person and not dismiss me to be a child and therefore stupid/immature/lacking knowledge. Well, in actual fact, it's ignorance like THAT that displays true stupidity, but I won't go into that today, that's for another rant...

Anyways, not really sure what I'm gonna do today, just go with the flow I guess, and hope the teachers will be extra nice to me at college cause it's bad luck to make the birthday girl cry! (Okay, well, I don't know if it is, but I've written it, so it is now! ;-D)

I've opened one present so far as it was sitting there staring at me from my table and it IS my birthday now, and I love it! It's two incredibly thoughtful gift and card! - The gifts even included a purple (fave colour) betty book for blog ideas or as Mica amazingly put it "A muse can grip you at any given moment, and I hope with this pathetic excuse of a gift, you catch that bitch before she escapes you..." (If you reading this Mish, thank you again, it's perfect and I love you! :-*)

So yeah, definitley a great start! I feel the lurrve and so on! Hopefully it only goes up from here, despite the fact that I have some essays to write, I'm gonna go straighten my hair and paint my nails and deal with that all stuff later! Yes, I did just put off doing the most responsible out of the three things first despite legally being classified as an adult, meh!

Rule #1 of being a birthday girl- Don't look rachet. (Or so I say)


Anyways, I shall enclose a picture of Le 16 and 17 year old random Birthday snaps at the bottom for you to laugh at. :-D


Till next time folks,


Love your adult online friend! - Okay no that sounds wrong, let's try again!

LOVE,


Dalanda! :-) xxx

P.S- Contrary to popular belief, no, I am not secretly thirty...






LOL, I have the same Birthday as my History teacher from last year so we blew out the candles together :-)

PPS- Thank you to all you lovely readers! It means a lot to me that you take time out of your day to read my ramblings! I'm sending you all lots of love and I hope you have a great day, week, month, year etc!

No comments:

Post a Comment